Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Read prescriptions and specifications received from dentist.
- Prepare porcelain of the correct shade by mixing powder and liquid in proper proportions to achieve correct consistency. Continually monitor porcelain mixture to maintain correct moisture content to avoid trapping air in porcelain and over wetting.
- Apply body porcelain in the proper drill sequence to form functional, aesthetic Anatomy.
- Cut away body porcelain on incisal edge or lobes, ridges and cusp tips.
- Add enamel porcelain in proper sequence to achieve proper aesthetics.
- Check centric occlusion with opposing model. Make any necessary adjustments.
- Remove die from model and finish contacts being sure not to overbuild or leave contacts shy.
- Check margins to be sure porcelain is completely adapted where it meets metal.
- Condense porcelain thoroughly to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Fire the porcelain at the correct temperature for the proper length of time.
- Take cases through the entire porcelain stacking procedure to completion before stopping.
- Maintain a clean work area and keep porcelain palette, brushes, and other tools clean to avoid contamination of porcelain with foreign material.
- After firing the first coat, cool units and match to correct models.
- Maintain clean work area and equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Excellent eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Required: High school diploma or GED equivalent
High School or Equivalent or better.
Licenses & Certifications
Certified Dental Tech