Limited Warranty/Limitation of Liability
Limited Warranty/Limitation of Liability: Pittman Dental Laboratory (“PDL”) warrants that all dental devices (a “device”) are made according to your specification and approval in the belief that the device will be useful and makes no other warranties including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This Limited Warranty and Limitation of Liability (“Agreement”) will be extended with the presentation of a verified proof-of-purchase, which includes an original invoice number/date, patient’s name and the original model. This limited warranty extends only to the original purchaser of a device and does not extend to patients or other individuals and/or entities to whom the device(s) is/are sold, implanted, inserted or delivered. Subject to the return of a device that is placed and then fails due to defects in materials or workmanship, the lab will repair or remake the device without charge or for a partial charge based on original invoice price, at the lab’s option, as follows:
(1) porcelain to metal restorations, metal free restorations, all metal restorations, single-unit inlays, onlays, and screw-retained titanium or zirconia abutments (excluding abutments with angulations greater than 20 degrees), up to five years; (2) dentures and partials but excluding immediate dentures, up to one year; (3) orthodontic appliances, thermoformed appliances, splints, acrylic temporaries, acetyl resin appliances, immediate dentures, flippers, surgical and radiographic guides, and all other dental devices up to 30 days (4) Flexible partials up to 6 months only if 5mm or more of Vertical Dimension of Occlusion exists. (5) Screw-Retained Acrylic Hybrid and Zirconia Hybrid will be remade at no charge due to poor fit only if the prosthesis does not fit the model and the model has been returned with the prosthesis for remake. Lab is not liable for all other costs of adjustment, repair and replacement of device. If the prosthesis breaks during the delivery appointment and the lab’s screw-retained hybrid protocol for verification jig was not followed, warranty is voided. Screw-Retained Acrylic Hybrid up to 30 days for failure of acrylic or denture teeth, titanium bar against breakage up to 5 years. Zirconia Hybrid against breakage of Zirconia up to 5 years. Crystal Ultra Hybrid warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty does not apply if the models were not verified using an intra orally luted verification jig. Except where prohibited by law, the lab will not be liable for any loss or damages arising from the use of a device, whether direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential, regardless of the theory asserted, including warranty, contract, negligence or strict liability and if such disclaimer is not permitted by law, the duration of any implied warranty is limited to 90 days from the date of delivery. The lab does not guarantee the performance of independent carriers. PDL will only accept returns of implant parts on un-opened packages with the product in its original condition and within expiration date. The parties to this Agreement mutually agree to waive any and all class actions in favor of mandatory individual arbitration of all claims arising out of, or related to, this Agreement. Any controversy or claim arising out of, or relating to, this Agreement, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association. The place of the arbitration shall be Gainesville, GA and Georgia state law shall apply.
Remake Policy: Pittman Dental Laboratory (“PDL”) warrants that a remake credit will not apply under the following conditions:
- If a remake is requested after the lab deemed the provided case materials incomplete and/or unsatisfactory and customer elects to proceed with the completion of the case without making any adjustment, refuses a try-in, or does not supply requested materials.
- If a remake is requested because the customer requests a tooth shade different from the original request.
- If a remake is requested due to treatment plan or material change from original request.
- If a remake is requested greater than 30 days from invoice date.
- If a remake is requested for immediate/surgical partials or dentures or treatments with healing extractions.
- If a remake is requested because the appliance fits the model but not fit in the mouth.
- If a remake is requested and the remake reason is not specified, original materials or appliance(s) are not returned.
PDL’s remake policy will not apply to any account past due. PDL reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse accepting any new cases and processing remake cases until the balance is paid in full and the account is current.
A non-refundable charge will apply if the original appliance is not returned at the time of remake request.
PDL can amend the remake policy at its sole discretion and without prior notice.
Last Update: 03/02/2021